Compulsive habits I've outgrown:
- catch seven drops of water from the showerhead after bathing
- count every stair and skip one if necessary to maintain an odd number of steps
- keep a written log in my nightstand to evenly distribute bed-sharing rights to each stuffed animal
- eat seven French fries with a fast food meal
- organize sock drawer, closet, and bookshelves by color
- straighten pictures, notes, pens, staples, magnets, books, etc.
- count to eight over and over again to overcome anxiety in public restrooms
- wash my hands three times every hour
That last one is a lie. I plan to add to this over time.